Admission to Loudwater School
Applying for a place at Loudwater School
Our admissions into Foundation Stage are administered by the LA. Admissions to other year groups and at different times in the school year are managed by the school. Our admission criteria are as follows:
If there are more applicants than places available, i.e. 30, once pupils with statements of special educational need have been admitted to the school, then places are allocated in accordance with the following oversubscription rules:
1. Looked after children. A looked after children or a child who was previously looked after by immediately after being looked after became the subject of an adoption, residence or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is; a) in the care of a local authority, or b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social service functions
2. Children who will be living within the catchment area of the school on the date of admission. Proof of residence will be required in accordance with the guidance given by Buckinghamshire County Council.
3. Children who, on the date of admission, will have a sibling (a sibling is a brother or sister, which, for admission purposes, means one of two or more individuals who have one or more parents in common, or any other child (including an adopted child) who permanently resides at the same address and for whom the parent/guardian also has parental responsibility) attending the school.
4. Children who have exceptional medical or social needs, which can only be met at this school, supported by written evidence from an appropriate professional person.
5. Once the above rules have been applied then any further places will be offered in distance order; using the distance between the family’s normal home address and the school’s nearest open entrance gate, offering the closest first, measured in accordance with the Buckinghamshire County Council’s Geographical Information System.
In the event of there being over subscription in any one of the above criteria, ranking of the children will be determined using the remaining criteria in the order they are set out above.
In cases where there is one remaining place and the next child on the waiting list is one of a twin, triplet or other multiple birth group then both twins (or all the siblings in the case of multiple births) will be admitted and whilst that child is in the class they will be an excepted pupil under the Schools Admissions (Infant Class Sizes) (England) Regulations 2012 which permits Key Stage 1 class sizes to exceed 30 following the admission of a twin for as long as necessary until a child leaves the class at which point the class size will remain at the lower figure.
The school’s catchment area falls within the following boundaries:
- Kingsmead Road up to Beech Road and all roads south between
- Kingsmead Road and the M40; all roads north and south of the London Road between Hammersley Lane to the west and Watery Lane and Knaves Beech to the east.
Further details and a map are available from the school or can be viewed at: