Consultation for change to our Admissions rules.
We are consulting interested parties on changes we propose to make to our admissions rules which are applied when there are more applicants than there are places available.
Please see the proposed admissions arrangements, which if agreed would be applicable to those entering the school from September 2022.
In summary these are:
If there are more applicants than places available, i.e. 30, then places are allocated in accordance with the following admission rules:
- Children with an Education, Health and Care Plan which names Loudwater Combined School.
- Looked After and Previously Looked After Children and children who appear to have been in state education outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
- Children who have exceptional medical or social needs which can only be met at Loudwater Combined School, supported by written evidence from an appropriate professional person.
- Children of a member of staff where either: the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time of application and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children living within the catchment area with siblings who are attending the school in Reception to Year 5 at the time the allocations are made and who are expected to be on the school roll at the time of proposed admission.
- Children living within the catchment area of the school.
- Children outside of the catchment area of the school with siblings who are attending the school in Reception to Year 5 at the time the allocations are made and who are expected to be on the school roll at the time of proposed admission.
- Any remaining places are allocated to out of area children according to the distance between the family’s normal home address and the school’s nearest gate measured in a straight line
The consultation will run from 1st December 2020 until 31st January 2021.
The proposed, revised policy can be viewed below.
Any comments about our proposed changes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and marked for the attention of the Chair of Governors