Welcome to Loudwater Combined School.
Welcome to our school website hosted by eschools. We hope that you find lots of helpful information whether you are a prospective or current parent or pupil.
We are a small, caring school with a team of skilled and dedicated staff committed to ensuring that our pupils are happy, healthy and striving to reach their potential. Our parents also play a crucial role with us in the education of children.
At Loudwater Combined School we recognise the importance of establishing positive relationships with parents.
We understand that an effective partnership between school and home will have a positive impact on children’s learning and development and therefore value the role of parents as children’s primary educators. Parents are encouraged to share their unique knowledge of their child, providing further insight into the child as an individual. This supports teachers in establishing interesting and stimulating learning experiences, responding to children’s needs and interests.
Parents are kept informed of what is happening in class through weekly newsletters, information about the topic each half term, reading records and informal conversations at the end of the day. Please do approach the class teacher at the gate or in the playground if you have any questions or concerns.
We are very proud of our school and all that it has to offer.
Loudwater School was visited by Ofsted in January 2018. This inspection recognised that our school continues to be a GOOD and improving school. Click here to link to the Ofsted site and read the report
Our future Open Days are:
Please note that unfortunately we have needed to postpone our Open Day on 14.3.19 to 21.3.19.
- Thursday 21st March 2019 (9.30 - 10.30 & 2.00 - 3.00)
- Thursday 2nd May 2019 (9.00 - 10.00 & 2.00 - 3.00)
- Thursday 6th June 2019 (9.00 - 10.00 & 2.00 - 3.00)
Our school motto devised by the pupils is ‘Learn, Create, Succeed’.
Loudwater School is a place of learning where everyone is valued, achievements are celebrated and differences are respected.
- To provide high quality care and education to support each pupil in realising his or her full potential.
- For staff, governors, parents and carers to have high expectations and responsibility for the achievement and behaviour of our pupils.
- To provide a secure and nurturing learning environment for pupils and staff.
- For everyone to have respect for each other at all times.
- To build firm foundations for lifelong learning.
- To provide our pupils with the skills, including technological and environmental awareness, to become responsible citizens who are ready for the future.
- To provide opportunities for pupils to develop spiritually and morally.
- To provide the pupils with opportunities to widen their horizons.
- To strengthen partnerships with parents and the community and celebrate the school’s achievements with them.
- To develop pupils’ understanding of a healthy lifestyle, enabling them to make informed choices.
- To develop a sense of belonging to our school, community and environment in which we live.